• Home
  • Home
  • Home

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Squash Casserole

2 pounds (about six cups) squash

1/2 cup butter

1 cup chopped onion (or just one onion-I don't really measure it)

2 eggs

1 cup mayonnaise

Salt and pepper to taste

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1 cup bread crumbs (I don''t really measure this either)

Preheat oven yo 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add squash and cook until tender. Drain well. Place squash in a large mixing bowl. Add butter, reserving about 1/2 tablespoon, to the squash and mix.

Mix in onion, eggs, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, and cheese. Transfer mixture to a large casserole dish (about a 1 quart dish). Top with bread crumbs. Dot or sprinkle reserved butter on top. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes or so.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for peaking in at my blog. I love this recipe and honestly I usually have more then one helping when I eat this. My daughter makes this too. It is always a huge hit at our home for friends and family. It is also easy and I like easy:)
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!
    Hmmm... congrats, look delicious, parece delicioso!!
    Hugs

    Sol

    ReplyDelete

 
Website Templates by Body Fat Caliper, Christmas Dress